Haha..I found this on facebook and just had to share....happy tuesday!
Twenty five ways to tell if you’re a triathlete:
25. One of your goals this year is to be faster at getting out of a wetsuit.
24. You talk about a “hammer” and “brick”, but you’re not referring to construction
23. You spend seven days going to eight stores in four malls before buying a pair of running shoes. But you take one afternoon to go to one car dealership and walk out with a new car four hours later.
22. That charming cologne (or perfume if you’re a girl) you wear to work is chlorine.
21. You have more water bottles than glasses in your cupboard.
20. You have enough pairs of old running shoes sitting in your closet to open your own shoe store.
19. You immediately bow down before someone with the Ironman “m dot” tattoo. (Is it really tragic I’ve got one of those?)
18. You have NO idea what to do with yourself on your off day. You mowed the lawn, cleaned the house, washed the car, and there’s STILL four hours of daylight left! Aarrgghh!
17. You often show up to work in the morning with goggle imprints around your eyes
16. You have so many tan lines you look like a zebra Running socks, bathing suit, jersey, biking shorts, tri shorts, sunglasses, gloves, watch, etc. (This is really nice at the beach.)
15. The first three items on your grocery list are Gatorade, power bars, and gels. (Make that Horley’s Replace, gels and pasta - power bars do not have a good effect on my body.)
14. You get funny looks when putting on Body Glide on your neck because people think it’s deodorant.
13. About half the shirts you own have at least a dozen logos on the back of them.
12. You wait a couple of days to take your car in when the check engine light goes on, but when your bike needs a tune up you take it right away.
11. You refer to the front hall of your house as the “transition area”.
10. The one “suit” you own has ORCA on the chest. (Or Ironman. Though I really, really want one of the new Orca suits.)
09. When you get home from a training session, the newspaper is just being delivered to your house.
08. You consider work regeneration time between training sessions.
07. Your bicycle is in your living room. (Or bedroom.)
06. Your car smells like a locker room - and you are the only one who doesn’t smell it.
05. There’s a separate load of laundry every week that is just your workout clothes. (One load? I should be so lucky. Try three or four.)
04. When asked how old you are you answer 35-39.
03. Your first thought when you wake up is how high your rest HR is.
02. Your spouse cried during Terms of Endearment; you cried during the television coverage of the Hawaii Ironman. (Every time. And inspiring triathlon videos.)
01. Most of this list doesn’t seem like a joke to you.
This are awesome and so true too! I also like: You take 3 - 4 showers a day. :)
Great list :-) My favorite is #2...guilty!
hey, when are you going to add Kansas 70.3 to your race list? ;-)
Thats good shiz. I remember the tan lines I had to deal with the month of my wedding!!
Great list. I love my chlorine perfume.
Loved it. Most of that list isn't a joke. Ha. Oh, and I still can't find you on FB! Look up Amy Kohl Turner when you have a sec. You made it through lent!!!!!
All so true...I need to post a picture of my dining room, er, bike room, er transition room. Call it what you want, it's where my bikes live!
#1, yeah, not a joke at all!!!
Number 5. One per day.
Nice. More water bottles than glasses - My 5 year old looks at me funny when she asks for juice & I put it in a water bottle.
Ugh, now we have sooo many water bottles, because reis picked up like 10000000 when he was volunteering in NOLA
I loved that list....thanks for posting it!!
Love it. My bike is in the office. I can't bear to leave her outside in the garage!
Thanks for the well-wishes about my tri Saturday, by the way.
LOVE the list, makes me laugh!
Love that list, and so true.
Love it! I wrote a 26.2 reasons to run a marathon last summer.
Post a Comment