Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Traveling for work

Sometimes I have to travel for work.  Some weeks it's for a night - and others it's for the whole week.  I ALWAYS pack my running shoes.  Weather they are used to knock out a death march on the dreadmill or a quick run down Jacksonville beach - I'm always on the hunt to find a group of people to train with.  So when Lululemon Jacksonville had a Tuesday night run, I am in.  All I can say is thank you for the wonderful ladies and gentlemen who welcomed me into a killer 7ish mile run last night.  I love meeting new people - specially new people to run with in a town where I am riding solo.  Point to this story?
#1.  Don't be afraid to train with strangers (good running strangers, not the kind that offer you candy)
#2.  Hop online to see if you can find a running group either in your area or an area if you are visiting.  You won't regrete it!

'Strangers are just friends you have yet to talk to'

So on my way back to the hotel last night I saw this:
Chipotle and all of it's glory.  I love Chipolte.  A chicken burrito bowl with black beans, corn salsa, hot salsa and lettuce?  Yes please. 

We do not have this wonderful establishment in Panama City Beach.  So, Mr. Chipotle, if you are reading this, please open one in PCB.  I will be there at least once a week. 

Happy Wednesday! 


10 comments:

Unknown said...

The fajita bowl rocks! Love Chipotle. Amen to that. Glad you had a good run with the Lulu girls.
LC

Tricia said...

LOVE that you run with strangers. I always run on vacations/traveling, but I've yet to branch out to try the local running groups. It sounds great

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

We have a Chipotle around me but i have yet to go there. Now you have tempted me and i'm sold. Will need to check it out this weekend.
Nice group you hooked up with to run. I've yet to meet a group of runners i didn't like.

Christi said...

I love Chipotle!

Emily said...

I always throw my running shoes into my rental car when traveling for work and run between meetings in cool new spots. Going to business events showered and not sweaty seems much less important than getting my miles in.

RR said...

Oh i love chipotle, and we dont have it here either! And im starving, and your post is not helping.

Anonymous said...

Chipotle is a thing of absolute beauty!

MissFancyPants said...

Chipotle!! Even better when you are traveling for work...gotta love lululemon - I seem to miss their group runs by a day every time I am away and in a city.

Maggs said...

I love Chipotle. But I think I'm glad they don't exist in Hawaii. I would eat there too much.

Greensboro Window Shutters said...

Grateful for sharing this post