Sunday, February 7, 2010

A 'bridge out' sign will not stop us!

Since I've wrapped up my marathon training (for now) I have been able to spend this past week in the pool and on my bike. Thank goodness. I don't know about you guys, but I get so burnt out on running the last month of marathon training...I just want to spend some time floating around in the water or cruising around on the princess!!

Now, for all of those guys up north, I'm so sorry about the snow. But that is why I live in the 'sunshine' state, to avoid all of that goodness. And I'm not trying to rub it in that we got in a pretty darn good 60 mile ride yesterday :) But we did run into a slight issue - bridge out. But did that stop us? No way. Specially with an adventure racing junkie with us.


As you can tell - I was not too excited on the idea






Yeah. We're a bad ass biker gang.

How about those Saints? Ahhh..New Orleans fans. They just want to get drunk and have a good time. The best fans ever - just excited to be down in Miami. Big J is still down in Louisiana tuna fishing and will be partying with all of the crazy fishing Creoles munching down on 200+ lbs of crawfish and a smoked pig.

Hope everyone had a good weekend - and try not to each too many chicken wings tonight!!

10 comments:

Christi said...

Wow, you had a great ride! I wish I could get out and ride but I have to wait a few more weeks!

Anne said...

Totally bad ass...I love it! :) Great ride.

Maggs said...

Uhm, I would have turned around. Nice job.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Now you had the hat I needed yesterday. Obviously you are a better boy scout than me!!!

kristen said...

That's they way you roll. Gotta get it done right?!

Loved the picutres. You look hot as always. That's some seriously warm marathon weather. I probably would have melted around mile 5! 11 minute PR - Nicely done!

Amy said...

Loved the pics. :)

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

sooo ballsy~ i love it. and how about those saints? i was super stoked they won too.

But yes the north sux... worst winter of my life and pretty much nightmare coming true. Today was yet another slamming... 8 more inches :( chloe come save me from the north!

Bill said...

You walked across a steal beam in bike shoes? You are much bolder then I.

Missy said...

OMG, I want stories about NOLA after the Superbowl win from Big J, please!!!

Love the beam crossing, perfect.

Charisa said...

Awesome! Love that last picture!