Sunday, August 7, 2011

Too Damn Hot

This week was a tough week training wise.  Mileage, intensity, and the heat where all up.  But sometimes you just have to put your head down and get it done.  It felt great putting a huge 'X' over those workouts every day.  Specially after Saturdays and today's workout.  

I've decided from now until IMTX I really want to focus on my running speed.  And remember Carla, my training partner from IMFL?  She wants to qualify for Boston this winter.  And how do you get faster?  Speed workouts.  We've been meeting with coach on Saturday mornings (ahhmmm...5:30am) to crank it out.  This weekend was mile repeats, which Carla and I both smashed.  Since we both have the same great attitudes and really want to get faster - we work through the pain.  Positive attitude is everything bitches!  

And since we are meeting on Saturday - I also have to squeeze in a long ride.  So after giving 110% on the trail, I hopped on my bike and cranked out 3 hours.  Needless to day - I was pretty pooped by 10am.  


But thankfully I had on my awesome new Betty Design shorts to get me stylishly through my hot ass ride:

As I was pulling up to our house - Big J calls and says "get on your suit - we're heading to the island"  An afternoon on the ac on the couch or lounging in the bay on a funnoodle.  Hmmm....
Tough Choice:

Don't forget about my sweet hoo ha compression socks giveaway!  
I have mine on right now!


Hope everyone had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Libby said...

awesome girl. floating in the ocean is the BEST recovery! love that pic of you, classic. and I have complete betty envy. need to work on getting those shorts :)

Christi said...

Wow, I wish I could float in the ocean after my long rides. That looked very nice!

Keep up the great training Chloe!

Katie said...

I love your betty shorts! nice weekend, miss badass!

MissFancyPants said...

Betty Shorts are the best!! Looks like you had a nice recovery :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I agree, its too blasted hot, even up here

Jamie said...

Amazing how relaxing a single tube of foam can be, eh?