Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chloe vs. the Treadmill

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job. But I do have to travel. So once a week or so I'm in a constant battle with this guy:


The treadmill.

Why is it that I can run 20 miles on the road with no problem - but it's like pulling teeth to get a measly 4 miles on the treadmill. All I can say is thank goodness for my Ipod. And why is it that hotels seem to think it's an excellent idea to put the treadmill right in front of a full length mirror? I really don't want to stare at myself while I'm going through this torture!! Well, I can check four miles off of that big guy last night.

Right now I'm watching the Today show and I noticed two things:

1. On Al's weather map of the West Coast - Forks, WA is listed. Is he secretly hooked on the Twilight series? Is he a closet addict? Why else would that small town be listed?? Hmmm...

2. Crazies holding 20 hostages at a TJ Maxx in Florida? Why does all of this crazy stuff seem to happen in the sunshine state?

Happy hump day everyone!

13 comments:

Amy said...

I just saw the TJ Maxx story too - so bizarre.

Great job on the treadmill. Oddly enough that's the one thing I miss from my gym. Weird.

Happy Hump Day.

RR said...

I feel your pain. I am on like day 10 in a row on that thing. At least I can actually pace correctly on it.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Ugh the dreadmill.

Missy said...

Because it's warm and 'everyone' wants to live there! Of course.

Oh the suckmill, I'm with ya, 3-4 miles on it can be the death of me.

Anonymous said...

The treadmill is tough. Hang in there. Music and tv is key.

Chris said...

I am right there with you. I end up doing two of my three runs a week on the treadmill. It feels like they take twice as long.

kristen said...

I didn't hear of this shooting. Crazy!

Only douche bags NOT from Washington State are obsessed with Forks. It's acually a georgeous town. I bet Al's totally closet Twilight fan.

Judi said...

i am so with you on that treadmill. and if i don't have a mirror in front of me i can't do it. i have to be able to see my feet.

Bill said...

I can tolerate the treadmill, but it does seem to warp the time/space continuum. One mile on the treadmill feels like 2 on the road. As for a bike trainer, its more like a 10X factor and I just can't do it. I need the open road and changing scenery.

Lora Abernathy said...

Completely understand the dreadmill dilemma. That's so funny about Al's weather forecast. Safe travels this week!

Aka Alice said...

I ran 5 miles once on a treadmill. It was in a hotel fitness center. I was completely distracted by a blind guy who was working out on the machines and who handed me a towel when I was at about mile 4...how did he ever KNOW I needed one? and who was distracted by whom?

Melissa said...

Oh, the treadmill. I feel the EXACT same way as you! Ugh.

I wasn't going to bring it up, since since you did first...it does sometimes appear that many of the crazy news stories come from Florida. ;-)

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

hahha i love twilight! and yah i guess that makes me a big loser!!! hahah the books are soo addicting