Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ugh...

So - I met with the running group this morning. We meet and run every Tuesday and Wednesday and run around Watercolor. It's a good mix of trails and road through a beautiful neighborhood with wonderful lakes and trails that lead over bridges...well, you get the point. It's a scenic run. Anyway - new Garmin on wrist, we took off. It was hot and humid. Even at 5am. The group broke apart after the first few miles - we had a few new people which added to the mix. Needless to say - a sweaty 10.5 miles later I was on my way home to get ready for work. Thank goodness I'm able to wear flip flops to work - long runs + dress shoes = no good. My body hurts and I just want to lay down and watch some reality TV. And drink a glass of wine.

Just talked to one of my workout partners, Lisa, and I think we are planning on swimming after work. The boyfriend has two fishing trips (he's a captain) today - so I really can't think of a better way to pass time then swimming a few thousand yards. (please read into my sarcasm) But it's a nice day out and we'll be swimming in the nice, cool, saltwater pool. Good times.

As I'm sitting here at work, on hold with a company, I start looking at different triathlons in the area. Since my Marathon is not until January, I have not started an 'official' training program yet. There are a few coming up in the area:

  • Sandestin - 1/2 mile swim, 20 mile bike, and 4 mile run - August 23rd
  • Gulf Coast (#3) - 1/4 mile swim, 15 mile bike, and 5k - September 6th
  • Gulf Coast (#4) - October 11th
  • Destin Crabtrap - Not sure of the distance - October 11th as well

So many races...so little time. But it keeps me occupied and out of trouble.

I ran into this short clip yesterday - and I just through it was funny. Hope you enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

No comments: