Wednesday, June 2, 2010

View from the beach...

Here are a few views from the beach on Monday morning -




Yep- that awesome guy was passed out. With a beer in his hand.

No Oil Yet.

So today it finally happened. It's been a very very long time since I've pushed myself over the limit while training. And today happened to be the day. I met coach at the track around 5:45 this morning(Man I love having a local coach)for a whooping on the track. Track workouts are always a mental challenge for me. I know I'm going to work my ass and sweat like crazy, but they make me faster so it's worth the pain! On tap today - mile repeats. Fist pump. After the 2nd sub seven 1600 I puked. Whoohoo! But my running is feeling strong and after that minor set back - I was back on the track for some more pain. Bring it on big circle, I'm ready for you.

So - I need a good motivation book. I don't want the only thing holding me back with my races to be my brain. Any suggestions?

Happy hump day!!

12 comments:

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Damn... obviously mine if I would get the damn thing published..

Still praying the the oil stays in one place so they can soak it up.

Christi said...

Great workout. I think their could be a pukie award in your future.

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

Pukie award is in order for you! Can you imagine doing a track w/o at high noon? I wa thinking about you as i was just watching the news. They were showing the boons they've placed on the water there. I'm currently reading the triathletes training bible. I'm sure you've probably read it.

kristen said...

Way to 'puke and rally'! That's intense girl.

I don't really have any good books for you, but I do follow a blog where the author does alot of mental training and has a lot of books on her side bar. I'll send them to you on fb.

erica said...

I am so jealous of the time you got to spend at the beach! I miss the beach so much!

xo have a fab night!

Unknown said...

You're a tough cookie. Way to push through it!

XTB-XAVI said...

Wow great puke!! lol

Cheers from HK!

"XTB" Xavi.

Emily said...

My two favorite books for motivation are Lance Armstrong's It's Not About the Bike and Andre Agassi's Open. They are both just awesome books that you can't put down.

Bill said...

There is nothing like mile repeats to make you a better runner. Your post only reminds me that I need to do some track workouts. As for puking, I view it as a sign that you've pushed yourself to the limit. It's a good sign.

As for inspirational reading, how about: "Swimming to Antarctica" by Lynne Cox. I've got other recommendations if you're looking for books on running.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I love the beach, great to see they are still oil free,

Anonymous said...

glad to see the beach is still oil free...and puking in the name of immortality is awesome....barf on!!!

Amy said...

I love that you puked! You are going to have a rockin' season my friend!!!!!