Saturday, June 19, 2010

Veggie Smoothie

Do you eat enough veggies? I'm SURE that I don't. With work and traveling as much as I do, finding a 'healthy' salad quick can be challenging at times. So what is the best and easiest way to get your veggies in? Veggie smoothie. I came across this a few weeks ago and love it. I can feel the difference, specially in the morning when I have it for breakfast. It's fast, simple, and very good.

This is what I start with:


Spinach, purple cabbage and carrots as the 'base' veggies. But you can use whatever you want. About a cup of almond milk - or you can use soy. And then fruits of choice. Right now it's strawberries and blue berries for me since they are in season.


I usually add the veggies and almond milk first and blend while I cut up the fruit

And once you add the fruit - I throw in some ice as well:

I know the color is not very appetizing - but it tastes awesome and it will make you feel awesome. ENJOY!

Random photo:
I was getting my toes down the other day and saw this:

Way to go disney. Hit every market.

Also - has anyone else seen the new Lady Gaga video? I did for the first time this morning - and it totally weirded me out.

Good luck to everyone who is racing this weekend!!

5 comments:

Christi said...

That is an interesting smoothie but I may have to try it! I can't believe OPI caved! That is crazy! Are you talking about the Gaga video with Beyonce? Because that one is weird!

Maggs said...

They could market you smoothie as a shrek smoothie too :-) You guys are more than welcome to move out here. I love fresh fish.

Anonymous said...

LOVE veggie smoothies...I make mine with Kale right now...it's the flavor of the month. I may have to try your concoction, though.

Aimee said...

Yum...I am totally going to make that tomorrow morning!

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

hmmm not sure i can get over the color but i'll take your word for it. i think i'll stick to my greek yogurt and berries for now :)