Thursday, June 3, 2010

Reality.

I know this blog is suppose to be about triathlons, running, etc. But I just want to share these photos. Most of my 101 (HOLY COW!) followers are from all around the world - and I just want to show some photos about what is going on in the LA coast, and is inching it's way to my back yard:






I can't even express my feelings right now. Jason and I are just a mess. And do you know what the worst part is? They have not even stopped the 1000's of gallons flowing out every day into our beautiful Gulf of Mexico. I'm not trying to force anything - I just want to make people aware. We can't even watch the news anymore. It just seems like alot of bull shit to make everyone feel better. Well, this is not a lifetime movie. This is real life. I am trying my best to keep my spirits up. But it's so freaking hard...not only for me. But for everyone who lives on the gulf coast.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Best of luck to you... my husband and I have traveled to the Gulf Coast for years and, like you, our hearts are breaking. Hang tough!

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

That CEO of BP is a jackass. Did you see what he said on one interview that he would like his life back? Talk about a selfish billionaire. The repercussions are mind numbing. it scary and it is sad and you (we all) have every right to be angry as well.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Pray that the hurricane season holds off until they get this under control....

XTB-XAVI said...

Wow....just terrible!

Feel bad!

Cheers from Hong Kong!

"XTB" Xavi...I am a scubadiver...and I can not imagine underwater!

abbi said...

Thanks for posting! My husband and I are shocked and appalled at everything going on and can't imagine the major, major ramifications of this mess.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

This just breaks my heart, I hope something is able to be done, like now.

Amanda said...

my stomach just turned...so sad.

Amy said...

Seriously, it's so stressful. It makes me so mad too.....very frustrating to say the least.

Kim said...

First of all, those are the most distrbing pictures ever! Oh man.. that is just awful.. and I JUST said the same thing over lunch. We can put men on the moon and for 50 some odd days we have not been able to plug this bitch.. GET SOMEONE SMART.. Or DUMB or whatever it takes.. it's insanity!! Oh lady.. so upset for you, for the animals, the economy.. all of it!

Trisaratops said...

This whole thing sucks so royally...and makes me so disgusted. I am so sorry for you and for everyone affected by this...I just keep thinking of the animals and it breaks my heart, not to mention the thousands and thousands of people whose livelihoods depend upon the Gulf Coast.

Hugs!