Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Love Letter

Dear Vita Mix:
At first I avoided you.  I thought you where too good for me.  I even had my eye on others.  But I always knew you where the best.  After so many frustrating relationships - I would always see you in the background.  You where always there for me and let me know I could trust you.  Trust you in making wonderful smoothies filled with fresh, healthy goodness that would make my body feel awesome and full of energy.  The energy you feel when you know you are with the right blender.  You do not burn up when I decide to throw beets or other random 'unblendable' veggies into the mix.  And you do not leave random chucks.  I trust you with all of my heart and soul and looking forward to a long, wonderful, and exciting relationship. 

Love:
Chloe



Strawberries, Spinach, Chia Seeds, Protein Powder, Oats, Honey, Banana, Orange, Blackberries, Beets! 



Breakfast and mid morning snack!  Yummm!

In other news - it's race weekend in Panama City Beach!  Gulf Coast 70.3 is on Saturday!  I am so excited - the weater is suppose to be perfect and hopfully the gulf is flat.  More on that tomorrow :)  But I did check in today and run into New Tri Addict!  Small World :) 

Hope everyone is having a great week! 

14 comments:

Amy said...

Man, I'm intriqued. Good luck in the race - I miss my old racing/training appetite.

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

I foresee many a blog entries making use of smoothies, mixes, and other concoctions made from this wonderous appliance!

Aimee said...

I got a Vitamix for Christmas and it is soooo worth the price!!!

Christi said...

I think you have convinced me to get on!

Have a great race!

kristen said...

When my blender shits the bed, I will get a VitaMix. I know it's worth it. Espcecially becasue I make smooothies almost every day. And our smoothie recipe are so similar. Doesn't the chia seeds make it hard to drink it through the sports bottle spout. Sometimes I can't even get it through a straw because it clumps up.

Good luch this weekend!

Kim said...

Now THAT's a smoothie! Awesome! Glad you like t!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am surpised my Magic Bullet works as well as it does, only down side, it just single serving size. I love the letter though.

Can you taste the beets, I see you and Maggs (SSB) use them

Can you PLEASE send me some nice weather!!! Its rained 15 out the last 17 days, tomorrows race is suppose to be rainy and in the 40's!!!! Trying to transfer to Tampa or Jackonsville is looking really, really good right about now

DS said...

Funny, Crazy, but funny post. Maybe we are all a bit crazy though. Ever read some of Joanna Z. blog posts (Fast at Fourty)? She writes with the view point of her dog. I've even been known to write in the view point of my legs and feet. I wish you both best of luck on your new found relationship. And good luck on your race! DS

RR said...

YUM! Im so jealous! I registered for one for our wedding and my mom thought I was crazy.

Belgie said...

The way I see it with the ever changing news it’s hard to keep up to date on current facts. Most of these commenter’s aren’t taking into effect the change of the global economy and how much of a different it has on news technologies / medical growth / economic / political issues. But anyways nice read, defiantly enjoyed your post. Found your blog on Google search engines btw... most people always wonder how people are finding them.

JV said...

hey Chloe- so nice to meet you! You live in an amazing place! Can you tell me of an outdoor pool around here for lap swimming? Jamie@beelineimage.com
Have a great week

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

I have the magic bullet thing anD it seems to get the Moab done -but I might need to investigate this with all the good things I've heard from you and tawnee...and I have been meaning to try that chia seed stuff too:) good jjob again at your race! Can't wait for the rr :)

MissFancyPants said...

I have been holding out on the Vitamix....I need it, I want it. NOW

Maggs said...

Love love love my vitamix. It stopped working about a month ago and I almost had a melt down. I finally got around to calling about the warranty and the guy on the phone told me to try it again. It was working fine. I'd been using it on variable speed all the time. And if you do, after about a minute at the same speed it it will overheat. It's designed to work best on high. This week I've been cranking it up on high and wow... I had no idea it could work that fast!

So now I'm back on beet smoothie kick. 1/2 can of whole beets (drained and frozen), 1 frozen banana, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup milk (might need a little more), 1/2 a lime (rind and all), 3 handfuls of spinach, protein powder. Soooo good.