Monday, May 23, 2011

I've got the feeling....

to sign up for another Ironman!  What's that you say?  There is an awesome one a few states away?  It's so awesome that superstar Heidi Austin is going to be racing it as well?  Count.  Me.  In.  Sitting here alone in my hotel room, I just took a deep breath and hit the 'accept' button for Active.com to take even more money from me so that I can race:
Pretty.  Freaking.  Excited.
Mom has her bottle of wine and cow bells ready to be super cheerleader again! 

In training news - I'm racing the 'Intimidator' which is a 70.3 in a few weeks in Clermont, Fl.  I'm not heading into this race looking for a PR because of this:

Yep - this is not a joke.  This is Sugar Loaf Mountain.  This is a hilly ass bike course. Needless to say, I've had to throw a ton of hills in my training.  So this weekend I was able to be the estrogen in this tesosterone group of killer riders:

We slayed 53ish miles under 3 hours including lots and lots and lots of hills.  But it was a great ride and felt awesome.  Can't wait to do it again next weekend :)

Ron and I

So..anyone else want to race IMTX???



15 comments:

Michael said...

I seriously can't get my head around this distance yet....but good for you!!

That hill looks pretty crazy, but sounds like you are ready for it!

MissFancyPants said...

Still thinking still contemplating...will decide this week so worried that I am not training in the right climate in NJ...

Maggs said...

If it's open for a month or so (and i think it will be), and my brother decides to move there I'll be signing up.

Anonymous said...

That hill looks like fun! Like a roller coaster :)

Christi said...

All, this talk about IM Texas has me thinking... but my coach would kill me!

Have a great weekend of training so you go kill that hill!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Yay for IMTX

Sugarloaf reminds me of my hill, Red Bank. They look the same.

Karen said...

NICE! The thought crossed my mind to register but might another year ;)

Bill said...

Congrats on signing up for another IM. Good luck with the 'Intimidator.' It's a tough event. I forgot how steep Sugar Loaf Mountain is until I saw your picture.

Mike Russell said...

Glad you signed up -- it is a great course from the race reports I have read. You will do great...

Libby said...

awesome!! best wishes for a year of healthy training on the way to texas! that's awesome you and heidi are gong together. good luck on the sugar loaf monster. I LOVE clermont training!

Alan Canfield said...

That hill doesn't look to bad after all the sweet training around Knox Hill. Good luck at IMTX.

Jamie said...

Congrats on pulling the trigger! I don't think I can handle that much heat early in the season, so TX is a no go for me.

I am considering hauling myself to the sunshine state November 2012...

RR said...

I had major FOMO and signed up for IMTX again! I cant wait see you out there!

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

Holy freakin Moses! I could see myself just laughing the entire way up that hill out of pure insanity.

Kudos to you for doing it!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chloe,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blog posts about Clermont to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane