Thursday, September 2, 2010

The smell is finally gone!

My first pair of cycling shoes smelled like death.  They where hand me downs from my friend Lisa P and already had a million miles on them.  They smelled so bad that I could not keep them in my car for longer then an hour.  SO BAD that big J could not even handle them:

So when coach told me to 'get anything new this week that you plan on using form IMFL' - I jumped at the chance:

Jason was pretty pumped about not having the stench of the old cycling shoes anymore.  They have been banished to the patio for the moment:

I tried my hand at gluten free pizza this week using Bob's Red Mill  crust...and it was AWESOME.  The dough was easy to make and work with and tastes wonderful.  Even Big J enjoyed it.

Feta, Smoked Gouda, Spinach, zucchini, mushrooms and basil...YUM.

Training wise - everything is going AWESOME.  I can't tell you how awesome it is to have not only one person to train with - but TWO!  My friend Ron who is going IMFL as well decided to use my coach as well.  So Carla, Chloe, and Ron will be taking this race by the horns. 

Hope eveyone is having a great week!

10 comments:

Tri-James said...

I can smell your pain with regards to the cycling shoes - this really works - (new shoes works also)

http://hubcitytri.blogspot.com/2010/07/bring-on-funk.html

Emz said...

Love this post made me smile but the pizza ---- it's making me hungry.

YUM!!!!

Christi said...

I love the new shoes but that pizza looks very good!

Unknown said...

love the shoes. I need a new pair, bad!! Pretty white pair would be nice, hehe.
Bob mill's is the best, yum. Great meal to the end of the day. :)

Mike Russell said...

You are going to love the fact that there are two fasteners on your shoes. I had tri shoes with one strap before and it seemed that I could never get comfortable. I went to three strap shoes and they literally fit like a glove. It made a huge different in my comfort levels on long IM distance rides.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Can't wait.... IMFL is going to cry "uncle" when I get done with it... I have to keep my shoes in the garage they smell so bad

Amanda said...

i'm in dire need of new cycling kicks. those are great ones. let us know how you like them. and great job at sandestin!!

Kim said...

Nice SHOES Choloe! Very cool! I also like the gluten free picture of the pizza.. Dang, that looks good to someone who is still eating wheat! So glad you are ripping up on the training. That's a good feeling. I'm looking to you and H to keep me motivated to keep going through October! More posts like this!!

DS said...

I picked up the Pearl Tri Fly III Carbon's about a month ago and absolutely love them. I saw at least a 1mph increase on my bike and its going to be needed for the hilly course im training for. Syracuse 70.3 on 9/19!! Im so going to rock it and have an ambitious goal of 4:38 my first one. Thanks for your blog its been very helpful.

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

yummy pizza! excited to see you this weekend :)