Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Skinny Margarita

So, Mrs. Heidi Austin was in Destin this weekend and decided to join us for our 90 mile ride and 5 mile run today.  Since we had a 'guest star' who is training for IMFL, we decided to do the bike course.  The weather was PERFECT (good by humidity) and we had a great crew that just totally rocked out the ride.  It didn't even seem like we went 90+ miles.  Now that my friends, is a killer ride.  But this just shows how awesome the people that you meet are in the blog world - at least in the triathlon community.  I could not tell you how great it was to have her along for this stellar ride. 

So, after a hard week of workouts and having the day off tomorrow, I decided to celebrate with a Skinny Margarita:

Yum.

So does anyone else watch cupcake wars?  For some reason it makes me REALLY REALLY want some cupcakes. 

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!!



8 comments:

Mike Russell said...

It is like having a tail wind with you when you have friends. I love that about our sport.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Order up a 70F high, cloudy and no win for the 6th of Nov., would ya???

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

win with wind?? you get the gist

Anonymous said...

very cool..glad the ride went well...SKINNY RITAS? there IS a God..nice...

Aimee said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT ride! I love rides like that!
Yum...that margarita looks soo good!

DS said...

With or without salt: Maybe you can post a topic about this soon since you are training for the IMFL. This past holiday weekend I did some swim training in the ocean (Folly Beach, SC) and I ran into a bit of a problem that had not previously been an issue. I train in Boulder, CO and so far its been for fresh water races with dreams of Kona. Not used to it, 20 mins into my salt water swim the water got to me. Not used to salt, the taste became mentally overbearing and my throat started to close up. Is this something you get over after more saltwater training, or are their ways of minimizing its effects? Thanks
DS Syracuse 70.3 (very soon!!)

Unknown said...

skinny margaritas are so refreshing after a bike ride! And yes, cupcake wars always make me want to MAKE a lot of cupcakes then sample them all. :)

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Oh sounds yummy :)