Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tallahassee Marathon and babies

Ok.  No babies for me - by just would like to throw out a huge congrats to my best and oldest friend Gina and her hubbs Chris for welcoming a perfect baby girl into this world yesterday!  Yeah babies!

One of their amazing wedding photos.

Anyway - quick race report.  The weather was perfect, the course was flat with a few rollers, and the support was amazing.  But I just don't think marathons and Chloe go together.  The first half I felt amazing - 1:57 split.  And then the 2nd half....ugh.  My goal was to get under four - and the way training was going I would be able to hit it.  But instead I rocked out a 4:15 (whoops - I had 5:14 earlier...typo...)...which was a pr by 2 minutes ;)  so I can't bitch to much.  But I did run into some pretty awesome people along the way - including some marathon maniacs....who liked to talk.  Allot.
So I felt the normal pains after - but for some reason today, my back started to scream at me.  I know I am not the most flexible person - but come on!
That is pretty darn sad that I can't reach down any further then that.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better. 
And yes, that is a lululemon bag behing me full of water bottles. 

And now...it's time to start tri training!  Yeahhhhh!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week! 

13 comments:

Lora Abernathy said...

Hope the back is better - and soon!

Keith said...

What's important is that looks like a glass of wine in your hand. That will help. Hope your back is back to normal soon.

Christi said...

I hope your back heals very quickly! Congrats on a great race!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

- Congrats on the race and PR

- My vote for the race outfit won, I think your PR was the direct result of your followers that know what outfits are best for PR races, your welcome ;-P

- More wine in the glass would have allowed you to stretch further down because of the added weight

- Ya of tri training!!!!!!

Katie said...

HOORAY for tri training! i can't wait until my half is over so i can focus on everything else.

and, that's a fantastic split! sorry you had a rough second half, but congrats on a solid PR!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

You had me going there....1 50 and change out and 3hr 25min coming in?? Had to go to the website to see that you really meant 4hr 14min. instead of 5:14.
I was thinking before I went to the website, "damn, what a bonk".
Now I feel much better.
Congratulations!

RR said...

Yay for the outfit! and nice first half and good job on the PR!

Kim said...

hey! A PR is a PR!! Congrats! Hope you get feeling better! Now - it's tri season baby!!

Chloe said...

haha..whoops. yes, 4:14 :) And yes, my PR was a direct result of the assitance to the selection of my outfit! ;)

Unknown said...

ahhh thats so great!! good luck girl! you'll do fabulous! you're blog is so cute! i def would love to follow if you want to heck my blog out too!

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

all about the outfit for sure... yay for the PR and yay for NO babies for you... hahahha scary stuff ! all my friends seem to be jumping on that bandwagon right now and i'm running out of cool friends quickly! good luck with the back- ouchies...

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Congrats on your PR!! Great outfit choice! Hope your back is better soon.

Gina said...

Aww, thanks Chloe!!! We (all 3 of us) love ya!!