Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hmm...what to wear!

So before I decided to post this - I thought about Rachel in It's All About the Outfits You Race In - just the name of her blog brings a smile to my face!  And got me thinking....

It has been a long time since I've done a 'running' race.  Just running.  Nothing else.  So I have no flipping idea what to race in tomorrow.  So please, help me out so I don't look like that 'weird triathlete' that everyone wants to smoke because of what she has on.  But -  I do have to have pockets for nutrition. Pockets are a must.  Also, I've a huge fan of compressions.  So compression is a must as well. 

So, here are my selections -
Option one - my sweet Trinity Multi-Sports race kit.  I love my virtuoso tri top and tri shorts

Option Two - My Hammer Nutrition Tri Top and Tri Shorts

Option three -Hammer Tri Top and Lululemon Shorts.  Not sure about the shorts because I want to compression.

And last - my Maplewood tri top and tri shorts

I will also be rocking compression socks, arm warmers and a hat (hey - it will be chilly for Florida tomorrow!)  I'm kind of leaning towards option two.  I LOVE my trinity kit - but I will be racing all Tri season in that.  Anyway - give me some feedback!

Also, packing for a running race is SO MUCH SIMPLER then a tri.  What?  All I need are my shoes, hat, watch, and nutrition?  My OCD will not be kicking in for this gal. 

It will be exactly three months since Ironman Florida Tomorrow.  So it's been exactly three months since I've raced last.  Man, I'm looking forward for some down time! 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! 

Random question - how do you e-mail people back from their posts?  Ugh.  I can't figure it out! 

13 comments:

Unknown said...

How did I miss that you are now with TRINITY?? Congrats girl. I love their stuff!! I need to get the orange/black kit now to match the new wheels...anyway. Awesome!!

As much as I love the Trinity stuff, the hammer top and pink shorts is super cute. But you will rock it in any of them!!

MissFancyPants said...

I'm gonna say lululemon shorts - it will look cuter with the arm earners and compression socks... And more importantly - spandex shorts or tri shorts scream triathlete and not runner....Good luck!!!

Tawnee Prazak, M.S., CSCS said...

I vote for the Hammer top/pink Lululemon shorts. It's bold!

Good luck on the race!!

Btw, like the blog re-design :)

Christi said...

I like the Hammer Top and pink lulemon shorts also.

Have a great race!

Jon said...

I have never "raced" anything longer than a 25K for stand alone running races, so I have NO vote for ya on a running outfit for a full Marathon, other than whatever will make you the most comfortable with the least amount of chafing?

I am curious too about the responding back to comment posts. I think I have my email "allowed" set in my profile so people can respond to me. I think if someone doesn't, their post shows up as from "no-reply-comment@blogspot.com" or something like that. If I want to respond to them, I usually go to their blog and do some sleuthing until I find it.

Have a great race tomorrow!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I vote Hammer Tri Top and Lululemon Shorts.

Katie said...

i'm sooooooo late on this, you are probably running right now so it doesn't matter what i vote for. :) but i like option 1!! TONS of luck, hope you had a great race!

Sue said...

Lulu bottums, important lesson #1, always look a bit girlie & cute, plus i can spot u better:)doesnt matter if it is a bow, toes, nails, or shorts, lesson from a youngster! xo

AVY said...

Ironman sounds.. well, so not me.

RR said...

Ahh, thanks for the shout out! I know i am late in commenting and you have already finished, but I vote lululemon always for runs! especially those pink ones because everyone will be able to spot you as you go by and pink just makes you look fast!

Dawn said...

Hey there...
Do you have a picture of yourself in the virtuoso tri top and tri shorts. The virtuoso brand advertises for longer torso's but their pictures aren't on models.
Thanks!
Dawn
PS: My last tri outfit was a disaster because of the way it set on my waist.. It was my first tri and I looked awful!

Unknown said...

Thanks for review : Lose Fat Gain Muscle

Unknown said...

Thanks for review : Lose Fat Gain Muscle