Thursday, February 19, 2009

YIKES!

My sister and I are watching Little Miss Perfect - it's a show about little girls in beauty pageants. And I'm not going to lie - but it freaks me out. These parents are crazy! Pushing these kids to the max! But now that I think about it - I know I've seen crazier parents at any given sporting event or practice. Hmm.

Anyway - we got in a killer group run on weds. Even though it was super humid, we got in about 8 miles on the trails. But I think my nutrition was a bit off because right when I got to work, I felt like death. So after eating a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries - not much better. Scarfed down a banana - and I felt great! I guess my potassium was down. Or I just made my coffee to strong :)

After my little potassium downer yesterday morning, it ended up being one of those days at work. For no reason I just wanted to cry. I just wanted to throw my fax machine out the windsow, kick my computer and unplug my phone. Thankfully Jason knows how to handle me on days like that. So when I got home, wine was chilled and the Ipod was playing great jazz music. And he made fish tacos. That is a staple in our diet - blackened fresh fresh with fresh cilantro, cabbage, and a spicy sauce on a corn tortilla. "Cali Style" as he calls it. I love having a boyfriend who loves to cook. And is good at it!





Tonight was an awesome 3500 in the pool. When I got out of my car is was about 68 outside, and when I jumped out of the pool it was freaking 52!! Talk about a sprint from the pool to the locker room! So I've been searching on Splish.com for awhile now trying to decide what suit to get - and I think I finally made a decision:

Thoughts? Feelings? I think it's funny - people are always freaked out about sharks in the gulf. And yes! They are there! Just like there are bears in the woods :)

I'm so glad tomorrow is FRIDAY! Hopefully the weather will be nice so that we can get a long ride outside instead of rocking it out on the trainer. I'm also going to attempt to make 'Lara Bars' we'll see if my inner Martha comes out.

6 comments:

Missy said...

Love the bathing suit! Get ready for everyone who sees you to say YIKES! I haven't seen the crazy parent pagent show but have you seen Jockeys - reality show about Jockeys? Another creepy little bunch of purgers...

FLATOUT JIM said...

52 degrees? Give me a break. Right here right now it is about 30, blowing snow, winds are gusting to about 50mph, and it will be turning to rain by lunch ime. I'll be wearing a parka to the pool.

Anyway, enjoy, best of luck in New Orleans. I'll let you know how the bars turn out.

Chloe said...

I guess you are right - I should not complain on the chilly 52 degrees. But when you are swimming outside, it's dark and windy - it's so hard to get out of the pool and make the run to the locker room! Brrrr!!!! :)

Tilghman Carroll said...

That suit is awesome! Hmmm, it was 17 degrees here this morning on my way to swim, ugh! I always want to jump in with my fleece on...talk about drowning!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chloe! That suit is adorable...just say "yes". BTW, I have a question about your coffee comment. I have noticed that when I drink two cups in the morning, after a hard workout I feel nauseous. Is it the caffeine, the strength, or just too much? Thoughts?

Amy said...

OMG, did you get that suit? I hope so, it's hysterical. Those tacos look delish. My husband Patrick is the chef in our family and I agree, it's the best!