Saturday, February 14, 2009

OPG (other people's grandmothers)

Happy Valentines Day!!! Chloe, Reis and I had a fun filled day of swim practice (with a 13 mile run for me), Marti Gras parade, and then making a wonderful home made pizza for dinner! And to top the day off - a bon fire on the beach for once of Chloe's friends! BUT - weather has forced us to change our plans. Rain + lightening = no swim practice which means no long run for me. Also - a good possibility of no parade. But we'll see - if no parade, we'll just go and see a movie and get lost in a book store for awhile :) Anyway - their Grandmother called this morning to wish everyone a happy Valentines day, even me. I love talking to other people's grandmothers - and she wanted to talk to me to #1 make sure that I was taking care of her fav grand kids and #2 because she's never talked to another Chloe besides her granddaughter.

Back to Valentines Day - remember back in the day when you would hear a 'slow song' and day dream of slow dancing with the crush you had at that time? Then the daydream would extend into a longer version of how the two of you would kiss, get married, have tons of babies...blah blah blah. You know you did!! I would day dream constantly of David Ditmar. He was my first super huge crush back in 6th grade. We would be 'going out' and he would give me tons of sweet bracelets from Ocean Pacific (OP all the way!) which was awesome because we lived in Michigan at the time and DREAMED of living on the warm beach. We would hold hands on the bus and then go sledding on the golf course that we both lived on. Ahhh...how I miss those days. When ever I hear the song 'Die With Out You' by PM Dawn it's like I'm right back in Michigan again!

Anyway, since it's raining and cruddy out - I think the Kids and I are going to start up a 'triathlon' blog for their family. It will be awesome. I'll share the link as soon as we have it up and running!!

Eat lots of cookies everyone and share the love :)

5 comments:

MJ said...

He must have loved you too because those Op bracelets didn't grow on trees....

Off to eat some cookies - just as you said...

Happy V Day!

Patricio said...

Happy Valentines day!!!!!

Missy said...

WHAT one stinkin minute...did you just say the evil, dirty word that I hate to hear...Michigan?!? OMG, been out of that hell hole for ~15 years. Great place to grow up but it's scary there now, so depressed. So much better in sunny TN and FLA, woohoo.

I need a cookie ... at least a cocktail.

Jennifer Harrison said...

Saw your blog from Bree's....Hope you had fun setting up your family's blog! And, I bet living in FL is nice....I was just down there, but live in Chicago! :)

KK said...

Hi Chloe,
I came here from my sister Amy's blog and just discovered you are from Michigan, too. We are from Northville (between Detroit and Ann Arbor), where are you from? Anyway, sounds like a fun weekend hanging out with those kids and talking to random Grandmothers.

Oh, And I was more of a Vaurnet girl, myself.

Have a great rest of your weekend!