Monday, March 30, 2009

New Orleans is a knocking!


So you see that little ticker on the right hand side? Do you see how the days are dwindling away? I remember when it said like 180 days! But New Orleans is this Sunday and I'm SUPER pumped for it. This will be my first 1/2 IM, and I know not my last. We have such a huge group heading to the Big Easy to race which just adds to the excitement! Not to mention a bunch of other bloggers who I can't WAIT to have a drink (or many) with!! ( Amy, Melissa) Most likely on Monday I'll be signing up for Augusta and hopefully St. George for 2010! I was pondering the though of Kansas, but, Augusta is a much closer drive :)



***Ok - I just looked at my ticker. It says 35 days or something like that. Hmm... Anyway, the race is SUNDAY! 5 freaking days away!!*****


Tapering. Tapering makes me feel like a big fat lazy slug. The extra time can drive me nuts! But, thankfully I have my parents here to help out!! Sunday I got in around a 5 mile run, yesterday rocked out about 3000 in the pool and today I plan to jump on the trainer since it's suppose to rain. Rain. Ugh. I'm SOOO sick of it. But somehow, with the time off tapering and my parents being in town, more wine then usual has been consumed!!

Tonight one of my all time favorite bands is playing outside at Seaside! Dikki Du Zydeco Krewe is out of New Orleans and just jams out. One of those bands where NO ONE is sitting still. Check out some of their music - I know you'll be shaking your ass in your set!

New racing outfit! Whoowhoo! I'll post some pictures soon!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I jsut cam across your blog and have enjoyed readign your posts. Good luck this weekend and enjoy the experience.

George Houston said...

Good Luck this weekend. Go Hard in the Big Easy!

I’m excited about Augusta too. Looks like I’ll be racing it with you.

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!! Two of my friends are also doing this race. Sure to be a good time :) Just remember to have fun and take it all in. You only get one first!!

Melissa said...

WooHoo! I'm excited to meet you! I'm just going to look for the chick with pretty pink toes, that should be easy enough ;-)

Want to do a relay for Kansas? I guess that means you still have to do that drive, but it'll be fun...you know you want to....

I hope the band was great and the rain stops soon!

RR said...

Good luck this weekend! I cant wait to hear about it. And I am still on the fence about St. George but so many people are signing up, I may have to.

Tawnee Prazak, M.S., CSCS said...

I'm in the same boat as you - tapering is driving me insane!! Good luck to you this weekend! We're both doing our first half-IM's, yay! Many more to come for suuuure :)

Bill said...

Chloe, Let the good times roll in New Orleans. I'm a bit jealous. You, Amy & Melissa are going to have a blast. May the waters be calm, the tires stay inflated, and the water stations well stocked for the run. Best of luck.

jen said...

Good luck on your first HIM!! You are going to do so great. Have a blast and enjoy the company of your friends. Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics!!

Amy said...

Hey Chloe - 5 days as of right now. I'm beginning to pack and definitely tapering. It will definitely help come race day, so keep it up. What if it rains? I'm going to be so bummed (not to mention nervous). That's my one fear as of now.

So excited to meet you!!!!

Ange said...

GOOD LUCK!! That is going to be a FUn race! Love the experience...it'll be great.

Steve Stenzel said...

I hear on on the "lazy slug" part!

I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!! I hope to be finishing around 1:00 pm, and my wife won't be finishing until after 2, so look for me in near the finish line looking for my wife around 2!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Christine said...

Love your blog! I might do my first 70.3 this year (as well as first triathlon!) I also ran Disney (without training..whoopsies) haha. Nice to meet you :)

Judi said...

i am psyched for you! where is the swim? I bet that's going to be gross!

kristen said...

You have an awesome attitude! I would probably be a basketcase right now. I suppose the wine helps ;)

Exciting race goals coming. 4 days What! Waht!