Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentines Day Gift Guide for Triathletes

Valentines Day is right around the corner.  Back in the day - when I lived with all of my girlfriends in Kansas City - we used to celebrate 'F*ck You' Valentines Day.  This was a day where we would go out that night and get wasted.  Super wasted.  So wasted that we would take the  following day off of work.  But now?  One glass of wine would knock me out thanks to IMTX training (I'm such a cheap date)

Anyway - this guide is for the men (and ladies, feel free to forward this post to your significant other) and what to get this year for your fab swimbikerun lady whom you love oh so much.  And what is the best way to show her then get her something that she will LOVE (and use!)  So put that cheesy stuffed devil down and check out the ideas below -


No explanation needed.  This top rocks.

2.  And you can't forget about the matching Betty Designs Signature Tri Shorts


3.  Tired of that wonderful chlorine aroma that seems to take over and totally turn off that romantic feeling?  Well,  I have the product you need to get for that special lady -
TRISWIM!  SBR Sports offers some AMAZING hair and body products that will keep her smelling wonderful and looking fantastic (no green hair!)  And guess what?  They are running a special till the end of the month!  Check out their site!


4.  LULULEMON  Seriously.  You can't go wrong with anything on this page.


5.  Food.  If your lady is like me (and Heidi) and they are killing some high value of training - you can never go wrong with food.  My preference for special occasions is filet and veggie goodness.  And wine.  Yummo.

6.  A sweet REV3 swimsuit.  I prefer the two piece (assists in muting the amazing tan lines we've all came to know and love)  But the colors rock and it's always fun to have wording on the butt of your suit!


So there you go.  A simple solution to make that wonderful triathlete love of your life a VERY happy lady on this special day!  And trust me...she will appreciate it! 

I also think you will enjoy the kickback from making her happy.  ;)  



  




8 comments:

Michael said...

I LOVE the Betty Designs stuff! I haven't seen the triswim stuff I am totally going to check that out! Great gift ideas for anytime of year!

Christi said...

All great stuff! That is a great tri top!

Katie said...

everything from betty designs....drooolll.

Jason said...

Seriously.....THANK YOU.

My wife is doing her first triathlon in August and that Betty Design top is something she would love.

So seriously......THANK YOU!

MissFancyPants said...

Haha, I am obsessed with the tri-suit, when she did the pre-order I was between a new cycling outfit (pink one) and a new tri one....ohh the decisions...why can't I be independently wealthy...

Kiersten said...

My rescue pup has a pink skull and crossbones collar. I thin I need to match her!

BETTY DESIGNS said...

Chloe, Thanks for the mention in your VD gift guide! Hope you get spoiled rotten and for anyone who reads this blog and wants to order please have them use code
bottleofwine to receive a 10% discount on their order.
Kristin

Eleuterio Ignacio said...

What can you do to improve your aerobic base if you only have a few days a week to get to a pool? You need to maximize your time the best you can. Maybe you can use one day as a long and slow day. Just plan on swimming a longer distance than the distance of your next triathlon. Swimming past the distance will not only prepare you physically but mentally as well.

training for a triathlon