Sunday, October 3, 2010

So today...

...I turned 30.  Thanks Mom and Dad - I can't wait to see you in a month!
It's pretty creep how back in 1978 my mom and dad looked just like my brother and I.

Anyway - in training news.  We had a ROCKING 113ish mile ride today.  Since the group I was riding with decided to have drinks/lunch after the ride - we decided to leave from Spinnaker (right next to LaVela..fist pump) and rode the 'new' IMFL bike course.  (If you want more info - shoot me an e-mail)   But the weather was awesome and we kept a great 19ish MPH pace.  Coach even met us for the last 30 miles.  Now I feel like I've been hit by a bus and enjoying an excellent glass of wine. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! 

7 comments:

Katie said...

happy birthday, gramma! (I turn 30 on Friday, so I'm allowed to say it). and belated tons of congrats on your race - I'm way behind in google reader, but I spun past the quick post with the big PR. AWESOME!!!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Hey,
Dad's picture looks a lot like me back in 78.

Happy birthday young lady..

I guess it's time to book the Sunbird? Hard to believe you can get 3 nights overlooking the Gulf for $250.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! What a fun way to celebrate. :o)

Aimee said...

Happy Birthday!
Congrats on your long run!

Maggs said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a good training weekend. When do you start the taper?

Unknown said...

that wine is SO WELL deserved!! What an awesome birthday ride!
Cheers,
LC

DS said...

I turn 30 in Dec. and you know what they say, "in your 30s is when you hold accountability to everything you did in your 20s." I hope all this training doesnt catch up with you. On a brighter note, I invite you all to my 20s send off party/ski trip in Colorado this winter. Oh and a better way to get free Ironman gear is to date someone who works for World Triathlon Corp. ; ) (fist pump?).