Sunday, October 3, 2010

So today...

...I turned 30.  Thanks Mom and Dad - I can't wait to see you in a month!
It's pretty creep how back in 1978 my mom and dad looked just like my brother and I.

Anyway - in training news.  We had a ROCKING 113ish mile ride today.  Since the group I was riding with decided to have drinks/lunch after the ride - we decided to leave from Spinnaker (right next to LaVela..fist pump) and rode the 'new' IMFL bike course.  (If you want more info - shoot me an e-mail)   But the weather was awesome and we kept a great 19ish MPH pace.  Coach even met us for the last 30 miles.  Now I feel like I've been hit by a bus and enjoying an excellent glass of wine. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! 

8 comments:

Katie said...

happy birthday, gramma! (I turn 30 on Friday, so I'm allowed to say it). and belated tons of congrats on your race - I'm way behind in google reader, but I spun past the quick post with the big PR. AWESOME!!!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Hey,
Dad's picture looks a lot like me back in 78.

Happy birthday young lady..

I guess it's time to book the Sunbird? Hard to believe you can get 3 nights overlooking the Gulf for $250.

Yasi said...

Happy birthday! What a fun way to celebrate. :o)

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Happy Birthday!
Congrats on your long run!

SSB said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a good training weekend. When do you start the taper?

Christi said...

Happy Birthday!

Lindsay and James Cotter said...

that wine is SO WELL deserved!! What an awesome birthday ride!
Cheers,
LC

DS said...

I turn 30 in Dec. and you know what they say, "in your 30s is when you hold accountability to everything you did in your 20s." I hope all this training doesnt catch up with you. On a brighter note, I invite you all to my 20s send off party/ski trip in Colorado this winter. Oh and a better way to get free Ironman gear is to date someone who works for World Triathlon Corp. ; ) (fist pump?).