Jason and I have been together for a year and a half or so. Love him to death. He's the pro surfer/Florida boy that I dreamt about while growing up in good old Southern Missouri. Anyway - right now he's down in Venice, LA running tuna charters. If you've never heard of Venice, LA - you're not missing much unless you are a hard core fisherman or duck hunter. There is NOTHING down there except very large fishing boats and one diner full of fried goodness and beer. Wikipedia states Venice is also known as "The End of the World". Seriously. Click on the link above if you don't believe me. There are still trucks and boats in trees left over from Katrina. It's on the VERY southern tip of LA. Not a lot of sunshine and the water is a wonderful color of poo brown because of the river. So - its not that cool of a place. Trust me, I've been there.
Anyway - this time of year, he's down there for about three months running tuna charters. He was going to come home tomorrow for a few days, but just called and picked up a few more trips. Granted I love having time to myself and be in my 'workout Nazi mode' as my friends call it. But I do miss him. Next winter he's going ot be running charters down in the Caribbean. Hopefully my boss will under stand my 'leave of absence' request. :)
On a better note! Super runner Denice from RUN DMT made my day by tagging me with a Fabulous button or sticker - not quite sure what to call it :)
But thank you Denise for liking the randomness of my blog!
Receiving this award - I have to list five of my fabulous addictions:
1) Training. Seriously - I become really moody if I go more then 2 days without a round with my trainer, dip in the pool, or a good run.
2) Wine. No detail needed
3) Spending time with the boyfriend.
4) Family. I'm 28 and talk to my mother every day and I live with my sister. I have a pretty cool family.
5) The Sunday Morning Show on CBS. Every Sunday morning that I don't have a brick workout - I do exactly what I'm doing right now. Drink coffee , dip a croissant in it and watch this show. (Example of my wonderful breakfast today!)
Now - five other blogs that I think excel in the fablouisness:
1. Missy Ironman Florida 2008
2. Gina - The Jollys in JC
3. Sam - Sam I Am From Fat to Fast
5. Colormekatie (love this blog - ALWAYS puts me in a good mood!)
Get excited - Rock of Love Bus is on tonight!!
My mom is in the Key's with her girlfriends. Lucky. One of these days I'll be able to go on this 'girl trip'
I've drank a TON of coffee this morning - have a feeling it's going to be a very productive day!