Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Some Wise Words

Thanks Sarah for the wise words during the Seaside Half Marathon!


So the Seaside Half Marathon was two weeks ago.  A few days before I was able to get my hands on the NEW Pearl Izumi E:Motion  N2's.  (they are pretty hot - right?)
Some people say that you should not race in new shoes right out of the box - you might get blisters etc.  Technically I didn't race in them right out of the box (I wore them around the house and did a two mile run in them)  But I raced in them and they felt FANTASTIC!  They have a few models out, but the N2's are right up my ally.  Keep an eye out for these folks - they are bas ass.  

So I'm not going to bore you with this race report since it's a boring race.  Out and back.  Yep - they really work your for the $115.  But I did PR which I am SUPER excited about. 
The morning was chilly - as you can see by our post race photo.  But it was perfect weather for running.  
(And I did see a lady sporting a full length mink coat in running gear while we were doing our warmup. If I only had my camera!....)

My only goal was to get a 1:45  I did not care if it was a 1:45:49.  Just somewhere a 45 needed to be in my final time.  
Time:  1:45:16
Place:  18 out of 257 people in my age group
Total:  212 out of over 5K people!  
People in the south evidently have a thing for Vera Bradley bags (Since she is the main sponsor) and will walk a half marathon for one.

And I would love to give a shout out to my AMAZING sister who did the race in a 1:59!!!  Way to go Allison! 


But I'm glad to be 100% back into tri training.  AHHH...it feels good to be back on my bike and in the pool!!!  

Next post - bullet proof coffee.  Nectar from the heavens that will keep you going all day!  

6 comments:

Alisa said...

Those shoes are HAWT! Looking forward to trying them. I've heard the shoes are more true to size this year, would you say that's the case?


Great job on the PR.

Is it bad that I didn't know who/what a Vera Bradley bag is and had to look it up? =)

Unknown said...

Way to go girl!!! Awesome job on the PR, and yeah, I've never understood the Vera Bradley thing.. :D

MissFancyPants said...

Yeah PR!!!!! Sounds like you have been working hard and am totally in love w the shoes!!

Tara Martine said...

Congrats on a great race and a new PR! And those are some sexy shoes! Can't wait to get a pair myself :)

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

congrats again ! love those shoes :)

essayservice.info said...

I like yous shoes! Really cool!