I was tagged by the fantastic Kristen from Ocular Triathlete to answer some great running questions.
On a side note - Kristen, one of my fellow REV3 teammates, was in my neck of the woods a few weeks ago for an IMFL training camp. Thankfully she was able to take time out of their busy training schedule and we were able to hang out!
She is going to do awesome in IMFL and I can't wait to cheer her on! My cowbell is ready!
And Kristin, I'm sorry I brought you this fantastic daiquiri from one of our random stores you'll only find in Panama City Beach. I hope it didn't hamper your run the next day!
1. Best Run EVER: I'm going to have to say my last four of five 13+ mile runs. I have a fantastic new coach who runs with me and we are KILLING the negative splits. Hitting a 1:50 13.1 for a training day (with negative splits) after an epic (almost threw up and cried once) bike ride the day before - I could not be happier with how my running is going right now!
2. Three Words that Describe my Running: use to be 'Just get it done' (i know, more then three) but now it's 'get that negative split!'
3. My Go-to Running Outfit: I love bright colors! Typically I'm rocking a bright pair of Lululemon shorts and my new love, Pearl Izumi Bras
4. Quirky habits while running: I keep a rythem with my breathing and seriously zone out. My coach and friends just chat away - but when it gets serious I just zone out and focus on my form. Oh yeah, I'm the best snot rocket shot out there.
5. Morning, midday, evening: In the summer - as early as possible. It gets pretty damn hot here in Florida. But in the winter - I'm always game for a PM run (also it allows me to sleep in!)
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: a hurricane. Tried it once and it just does not work.
7. Worst injury — how I got over it: Knock on wood I have not had any major or minor injuries. BUT mentally I've had some burnouts when it comes to training. When that happens - I step back and take a week or so off and do crossfit. And get a pedicure. Somehow it works for me!
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: I puke at the end. To me, that means I pushed my body as far and as hard as it can go. (Gross, I know) but it makes me feel like a total bad ass.
10: Potential Running goal for 2013: Get under 2 hours on my run in my 70.3 races and kill that negative split on all of my races!
Happy running everyone!