Thursday, March 15, 2012

Times are a changing

These were my plans for 2012:
IMTX
Wedding
Buy a house
Get a dog
(In that order)
Not too boring of a year...to put it lightly.  :)  

Well, things have changed.  As I mentioned in a previous post, Big J and I purchased a house. And....now we have one of these:

This is Stella - and she is the sweetest puppy anyone could ask for!  

But with all of these major activities going on in my life - and a full time job which requires 120% of me every day (which I love) I have to drop something.  I was just spread to thin and I don't like to do anything half ass.   So IMTX is now off of my list of races this year.  Training for an Ironman is pretty much a full time job - and there are way too many other awesome things in my life going on right now.  But on the bright side I'll be doing more local, shorter races (which I'm totally pumped about) and not to forget REV3 in October!  

And in spring break news!


Really spring breakers?  Way to be awesome.  I hope you all have a massive hang over!  

Thankfully Heidi and I will be having an adult spring break - which will be full of awesome training rides, open water swims, and great runs!  Can't wait!  







11 comments:

Maggs said...

good for you for prioritizing what is most important and realizing IM isn't it. It will always be there for you.

George Houston said...

I understand completely. I've had to do some similar prioritizing a year ago. There is nothing wrong with shorter races and they can be a lot of fun.

Maggie said...

How is Stella the CUTEST thing ever?? Congrats on everything! Sounds like 2012 is going to be an awesome year!

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

i was wondering when you were going to make it official! i was still dreaming you were doing it... I'm a lil bummed you aren't racing but as a friend glad you are doing what's best for you :) Can't wait to see u next weekend!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Sounds like you need to read this book called "OneHourIronmen". 7 hours a week is all it takes and even old men can do it...

But I know what you mean. With our move to Austin, it seems I have no time...even for that 7 hours

Kacie Darden said...

WOW! You have such an exciting year!!! Those are all such big and wonderful changes and decisions! Can't wait to hear more about everything!!

MissFancyPants said...

That must have been a tough call-glad to see you are so positive. You have so many wonderful things going on this year. Congrats on the pup!

Heather-O said...

Yay for the new house and the puppy! Stella is TOO CUTE! Good call on dropping IMTX...it's a tough choice, but what's the point of suffering through if you can't commit 100%. Yay for Rev3 races!

Carolina John said...

Sometimes life's plans work out in strange and funny ways. As long as it all works out in the end who cares. Enjoy your time with Heidi!

Libby said...

oh girl I hate to hear that but you can do IM any year, you only get to get married, buy a house and do all that fun stuff once. good choice and I know you won't regret it! stella is ADORABLE!!!

Bill Holden said...

Thank you ffor sharing this