Saturday, September 17, 2011

This is for your SARAH!

Sarah - this post is for you.  Since you shamed me thing morning when we saw you half way through our run.  :) 
Mid run conversation:
Me:  Sarah!  It's so good to see you!
(sweaty mid run hugs exchanged)
Sarah:  Why have you not updated your blog in like two weeks!?!?
Me:  Because sometimes I just want to through my computer out the window.  
We really need to get together for wine asap!

In NEW BABY NEWS I would like to throw a huge congrats to Jennifer and Jake for bringing another precious baby boy into the world on Friday morning -

I tell you what.  Seeing Jennifer go though labor 'pre-meds' scared the shit out of me.  For all of you mom's out there - holy crap.  That was about a years worth of birth control for me!  But he is so sweet - and looks just like his big brother. 

Also - in other non-triathlon news, Jason 'poked' dinner for us tonight.  Yeah Flounder!
Scuba Steve!


While Jason was working for our dinner - I was lounging on the boat.  Reading magazines, playing angry birds, and working on my tan lines.  

The gulf has been crazy full of marine life lately.  Lots of jelly fish (boo) sharks (boo) and crazy dolphins!  Exactly a mile from my house is a beach access - so we check out the gulf at the end of every run.  Today after Carla and I killed an 8 mile run, we scoped out the beach chairs we want to steal (folks - don't leave your nice beach chairs on the beach!) - just kidding, we don't steal them.  But we want to.  Anyway - we saw over 20 dolphins just flipping around enjoying their day!  Crazy - I have not seen something like that since pre-oil spill!  

Training right now is going stellar!  Two more races left - a sprint and a 70.3 - for this season!  The humidity has backed off a bit and so has the temp.  Ahhhh...fall, I welcome you with open arms!  

I am still working on the Ironman Florida - info from a local - post.  I'm trying to get photos of everything I'm going to talk about, but it's taking a bit longer then I thought.  But I will get all of that info posted soon!  

Happy Training!!!






9 comments:

Austin said...

Can't wait for that IMFL post!

Maggs said...

what 70.3 are you doing? how far do you live from Mobile? I'm headed down there for a couple weeks soon and might need a break from 2 weeks on Dauphin Island with the parents.

Shelby said...

Wow where do you live?! It's beautiful there!

Michael said...

I grew up in Florida and can remember going flounder fishing with my Dad. That's been a long time ago, but this brings back memories :)

Katie said...

I love that everyone is guilting you into blogging :)

Kito and I are planning to move to your neck of the woods as soon as I'm finished with school. This post just drove the point home. While you are enjoying the sunshine, tan lines and a boat, it's pouring and cold here, in Seattle. Unless I travel, I can only get one or two tris in before summer is over. SO JEALOUS!

Good luck in your upcoming races!

Kim said...

i am so stinkin jealous you are on a boat in a bathing suit in september!

Anonymous said...

YAY! And I even got my name in a post...how exciting! Thanks, Chloe!

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

fresh fish! yum! can't wait to celebrate next weekend :) counting down the days! so much fun to be had and so much wine to drink!

Anonymous said...

I have a theory about this kind of thing. It seems like women who have gone through childbirth are always better runners. I think it's because they've been through hell and back so a little pain while running is small potatoes.

And how awesome is that magazine! You framed it and put it up in your house right?