Sunday, August 28, 2011

Dear Blogger:

Did you really have to kick me off the site for a week?  Really?  Ugh.

Anyway - things here on the beach are totally kicking ass.  Training is rocking and today - the humidity was super low, so I didn't feel like I was riding into a blow dryer.  And I really think the speed work is finally paying off - even though I could run over yesterdays two mile repeats with my car and not thing twice about it.  But it will pay off at the end.....

I really hope all of you east-coasters are fairing well with good old Irene screwing up your weekend.  Hurricanes are REALLY scary, especially when you are not used to dealing with it (umm..NYC?) In Florida we are all about the hurricane parties - but when a storm that large is heading our way, I'm cruising up to Atlanta! 

Oh yeah - I found out last weekend that I can't act like I'm 21 again.  Drinking until 2am is never a good idea :)  But we did bust out some killer dance moves (at least we thought so) and mixing sweet tea vodka with water and fresh lemon is delish.  But don't drink more then 200 of them ;) 

I hope everyone is having a killer weekend AND good luck to everyone who is racing IMKY and IMCA this weekend!!

7 comments:

Keith said...

No video for IMC. I am seriously choked. Is hot there, forecast for 34 C (93 F) and strong winds.

More than 200??!! Try more than 2!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I dont remember the last time I stayed up to 2am willingly and partied

Christi said...

I have tried to party like I was 21 again all summer and each time it does not work. I must remember that I am 43 and that I only do happy hours!

Glad you are safe from Irene and keep up the awesome training!

Katie said...

sweet tea vodka is amazing :)

Anonymous said...

I had a night like that Saturday. This morning (it's Wednesday!) feel like I can be productive again. What was I thinking? It sure was fun though.

Unknown said...

I learned the drinking lesson a few years ago. Not as young as I once thought (and I get sore from dancing too... is that sad?)

Kim said...

NICE! I've learned that drinking lesson before...let's hope I don't learn it again in two weeks when my workmate is getting married and rumor has it there is one HUGE bottle of champane PER table. Yikes! Glad you're back and feeling good!