Thursday, June 23, 2011

Living in Florida

When I first moved to Florida everyone was like 'you are going to be on the beach everyday - life is going to be like a vacation'.  Um.  Not so much.  My weekends are spent swim/bike/running with laundry, cleaning - and other fun domestic stuff.  Going to the beach is the last thing on my list of 'to-dos'   But last Sunday - I took full advantage of the beach.  I packed my chair, beach bag and headed out to Deer Lake Beach Access for a morning of R&R.  Solo.  I was the only person on the beach for miles.  This beach access is a state park and it's a pretty long hike through the dunes to get to the actual beach - but it's well worth it. SO worth it.   








Don't forget about my killer Hoo Ha Give-A-Way!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

6 comments:

Keith said...

Love the book - just finished it, and bought myself a pair of Saucony Kinvaras. Not quite sandals, but close enough for me.

K.

Unknown said...

Looks amazing! I often wonder if I lived near a beach, how much I'd be there. I always think I'd be there constantly, but I'm sure that's not reality! :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

That looks like Heaven and having it all to yourself is an added bonus

MissFancyPants said...

Jersey beaches (or shores I should say) are soooo crowded. This looks like Heaven and I heart Justin's peanut butter!!!

Unknown said...

i think i need to move to florida. Can i live with you (and James) if we give you free healthy bites? hehe.

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

i'm reading that book now too :) glad you got to hit up the beach ! let me know when you register for the santa rosa tr! so excited now for october :)