Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wet Suit Mess? I have the solution!

I've been really getting into the the track workouts lately. Lots of 400's and 800's - but does anyone else feel 'un-natural' running those short distances? When I run on the road - it feels so natural. Everything just flows. But on the track I feel like a freaking robot. Coach is promising I'm hitting the times spot on and my form is great - but still it feels funny. Thankfully he gave me the most amazing thing ever called 'the foam roller' or as I like to call it 'the man of my dreams'. I asked Mr. Foam Roller to merry me last night. But he just looked at me with a blank stare :)

We are still rocking out the open water swims. I feel so blessed to be able to drive a few minutes down the road and have a beach right there just waiting for me to jump in. Yesterday the surf was very rough, but we still got in a pretty stellar swim. Even a few spring breakers tried to jump in with us. Ha! Crazies.



Talking about cold water...I found this GREAT bag to store my wetsuit, both wet and dry:


(I know, the photos don't do much justice)
It's great because it holds not only my wetsuit - but my goggles, cap, towel, etc. I found it at a surf shop - but it's by a company calls SCS. Check it out of you are looking for a new 'non messy' wetsuit bag.

Random photos:
Best. Coffee. Maker. Ever.

And they are on sale at Target right now!

Also, a container of this seemed to fall into my cart the other day:

YUMMMM!!!

First race of the season is a week from today!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

12 comments:

Keith said...

Nutella. mmmmmm. Did you know in Italy you can buy it in 3Kg jars? As opposed to the paltry .75 kg jars we get here.

I'm sorry, were you saying something else?

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Why is that foam rollers are afraid of commitment? I dont get it!!!

What is more weird about track workouts is that that HURT for that short distance

Melissa said...

Yeah! Race season! Is it St. Anthony's? I really want to do that one next year.

I thought of your today. At some point during my 4 hours of napping "Florida's top 10 beaches" was on TV and they had Panama City on there, with all the spring break crazies. It's so cool you get to do open water swims 'out your back door'. Jealous!

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

oh nutella... its so good ON EVERYTHING. hope your taper is good and you are ready to race next week :) yay !!!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Luckee... to have the IM course in your backyard.
Bet the water is COLD... ?

Kim said...

Ummm.. nutella! First race a week away!! Awesome!! Can't wait to see you rip it up!!

Emily said...

I'm so jealous it's warm enough for you to be open water swimming! Good luck gearing up for your first race of the season! I can not believe tri season is already here!

Anonymous said...

funny..that same nutella phenomenon happens here in Houston whenever I go to the grocer...just amaaazing....

Aimee said...

I'm so jealous that you're able to get out and swim. Here in CO we usually have to wait till May to get in the water!!

Nutella is just yumminess in a jar! It's good on everything!! :)

Anne said...

You guys look like you're having such a great time :) Good luck on your race next weekend!!

Jamie said...

I've never seen so much love for the foam roller. That thing HURTS. She gets the job done, but I'm not too excited for all that pain.

Amy said...

Since I can't drink alcohol I had a nutella marshmellow shake the other day. IT WAS AMAZING (but not better than wine). Loved the pics.